Updated: Feb 4
At GOAT Wellness we offer the best infrared experience on the market, utilizing the sanctuary experience of Clearlight. Our Infrared Sauna is unlike any other. It is the only true Full Spectrum infrared sauna available offering advanced near, mid and far infrared technologies. The robust True Wave™ Full Spectrum heating system provides all wavelengths 100% of the time to optimize your sauna session.
Infrared saunas are increasingly popular in the wellness community for a number of reasons including the numerous health benefits and they just make you feel good!
Some of the top benefits:
• Weight loss & increased metabolism
• Temporary muscle pain relief
• Better sleep
• Improves appearance of cellulite
• Ease joint pain and stiffness
• Stress & fatigue reduction
• Improves skin
What exactly is an infrared sauna?
Before we dive into what infrared saunas are, we should first understand the infrared wavelengths.
The sun produces a combination of visible light, and one of those invisible spectrums is infrared rays. Invisible infrared wavelengths are what makes the sun feel warm (and ultraviolet wavelengths are what makes it bright). Scientists have established that infrared waves are beneficial to the human body as they increase the thermal energy in the body. Infrared does this without any of the harmful rays of sunlight.
There are three main categories of the infrared spectrum: near infrared, mid infrared, and far infrared.
• Near Infrared is the shortest wavelength but penetrates the deepest. It has the distinct property that is not captured by the water of the body allowing it to penetrate the deepest to increase your core thermal energy. Near infrared is associated with photobiomodulation which directly produces energy within the cells through ATP stimulation.
• Mid Infrared wavelengths are also captured by water molecules while temporarily increasing circulation through vasodilation, promoting temporary increase in blood flow and temporarily elevating heart rate and overall metabolism.
• Far Infrared is the closest of the wavelengths to the infrared heat given off by our own body. Far infrared is readily captured by the water molecules in the body and releasing its energy. Our bodies actually give off far infrared wavelengths at about 9.4 microns. Since far infrared wavelengths feel very natural and normal to us, our energy is temporarily enhanced and strengthend.
Infrared Saunas vs. Traditional and Steam Saunas
The main difference between infrared saunas and traditional saunas is how they use heat. Traditional saunas use a single heater that is heating the air and this hot air heats the user. In contrast, infrared saunas use advanced therapy to promote heat generation in the body with only a small percentage of the heat heating the air. This results in a deeper sweat and at a lower ambient air temperature. In fact, infrared saunas usually operate between 115º - 135ºF, while traditional saunas can get up to 195ºF.
Why is infrared heat better than traditional sauna?
Our infrared sauna uses low-EMF True Wave™ Carbon/Ceramic heaters that produce invisible, far-infrared heat. This is the same type of heat as produced by the sun and our bodies. Infrared heat is a very safe and not at all like the heat produced by microwaves. In an infrared sauna, only 20% of the energy is used to heat the air, leaving the rest of the energy to heat the body. The radiant heat can penetrate deep below the skin producing a gentle warming inside the body.
The temperature inside an infrared sauna is adjustable and averages a comfortable 100ºF to 130ºF. These lower temperatures allow you to sweat faster and to tolerate a longer sauna session offering greater therapeutic benefit. Typical sessions last 20 to 45 minutes and can be repeated once or twice during the day to maximize the benefits. Infrared saunas leave you feeling invigorated, not depleted like conventional saunas.
Infrared heaters warm the body in the same manner as natural sunlight. Infrared heat therapy uses the wavelength of the visible and non-invisible light spectrum of sunlight that heats the body normally. Traditional saunas raise the temperature of the air to a very high level within the chamber to warm the body. Some people have difficulty breathing in this extremely warm air. Infrared saunas work differently. Instead of heating the air within the enclosure, infrared saunas heat the body directly. The result is deeper tissue penetration. In an infrared sauna, the body perspires and receives all of the healthy benefits but avoids the harmful and extremely hot air of a traditional steam sauna.